“Every community has its leaders – that special group of people who, with a capacity to care and without hesitation, accept the challenge and set the pace, making their community a better place.”
What is the Pillars Society?
In 2007, the Board formalized what is known as the Pillars Society. Membership in the Pillars Society is a personal donation that starts at $1,000…a true reflection of commitment to bettering the lives of our neighbors. The 2008, Campaign introduced the Pillars Society for the first time; increasing to 19 charter members from our core group of six. Today, there are approximately 100 members, making up 30-35% of our Campaign.
A Pillars chairperson is an individual or group who spearheads the Pillars membership drive and reception. Our first Pillars Chairs were Jim & Gretchen Gerken, who chaired for several years before turning it over to Dave & Robin Bleile. The Bleile’s are currently co-chairs with Tom & Janiece Schubert.
The principal benefit of membership in the Pillars Society is the knowledge that your gift will help continue United Fund’s tradition of caring. Additional benefits include:
- Impact – Playing a central role to make positive changes, create meaningful results and provide financial support for community solutions.
- Leadership – Be a part of community champions who set a powerful example for others to follow.
- Individual Recognition – Acknowledgment in our publications and special events.
- Network Development – Opportunities to expand business networks and meet like-minded philanthropic leaders.
- Special Communications – Be the first to receive information and stories before we release it to the public through newsletters and special notices.